Develop a child's self help skills while playing with a doll.
- Plastic doll.
- Wash cloth.
- Bowl of water/bucket of water.
What to do:
- Fill up a small bowl or bucket of water.
- Give baby a plastic doll.
- Show baby how to dip wash cloth into the water then wash the doll.
- Give baby the wash cloth and encourage them to clean the doll.
- Name the body parts as baby washes.
Hints and Tips:
- Point and name the body parts on the doll as your baby washes them.
- Take care and supervise your baby around water.
- Add a little soap to the water.
- On a rainy day use warm water.
- If you don’t want water everywhere, just dampen the cloth.
- Take doll to the bath with baby.