A child will learn to aim and throw using wet sponges and a target.
- Sponge offcuts
- Buckets (2 or 3 )
- A wall/fence.
What to do:
- Draw a clown’s face / target on a wall (that is accessible for children).
- Fill a bucket with water, dip the sponge pieces in the water and take it in turns to throw them at the target and ‘wipe’ it out.
Hints and Tips:
- If playing with a large group of children split them into 2 even teams. Draw 2 targets and have a relay race to see which team ‘wipes out’ the target first.
- When using a target, add numbers inside of each ring. Each time a child throws inside a ring they get that specific number of points. Team with the most points win.
- Instead of drawing a target you can add a bunch of letters and a “hidden word”. You could either read out a clue (the children look for the hidden word and throw sponges to rub out the other letters to reveal hidden word to win) or you could simply just say a word that the children have to “spell” (by throwing sponges at the letters) to win.